Tuesday, September 13, 2011

DIY Fabric Jeweled Pumpkins

It all started on a Saturday morning while on a stroll at our local marketplace. I popped into a cute little boutique and fell in love with these adorable pumpkins. I'm always on the look for unique ideas that can't be found in department stores. I love the idea of having one of kind items to add to my home.




So off I went to the local fabric store to find any kind of fall fabric. I ended up getting velvet material and some abstract orange/cream material. I have to admit that I've never sewn a day in my life.

First, I cut the material into circles. I used items around the house to trace the circle. Next, I threaded my needle and began to loop in and out towards the end of the fabric about a 1/4 inch apart.


 
*Keep the Needle attached to the thread until you are completely done*

Once I completed the sewing portion I added rice to the bottom of the fabric and then filled with poly stuffing(the amount of stuffing all depends on the shape you are looking to get.)


 
I started to use regular sticks but I wasn't happy with the final product. I preferred to use a pumpkin top like I saw at the boutique but I was unable to locate so I decided to do something entirely new. I closed up the hole by pulling the thread. I looped in and out once more around the opening to secure it.

I attached fall leaves, flowers, garland and other materials with a glue gun to give the pumpkin a unique look.

Here's the Final Product! Not too Bad for an Amateur!





No comments:

Post a Comment