Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Fall Mantel


We recently moved into a new home with a fireplace. I relocated from South Florida where we don't have seasons. It's either warm, hot or extremely hot. I took advantage of this new climate in Georgia and decided to decorate our mantel for fall. Check it out :)


I created the banner with craft supplies that cost under $20.




The pumpkins were purchased from Hobby Lobby and they were 40% off! I used some metallic paint to add shimmer to them.





I found items on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby and added them to an existing jar I owned. It all cost $5! I used napkins on clearance at Kohl's to add some color to the bland white mantel.


I created the wreath in this photo with some basic foliage on clearance from Hobby Lobby and butterflies purchased from Michael's. The whole project cost $10 and took me less than 5 minutes to make.




2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I'm your newest follower, how exciting a move, new house with a mantel. Great look. You will enjoy every decorating it for every occasion and every whim. Drop by my site for a visit.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your fall decor...love those mettalic painted pumpkins..great idea! Im also a new follower. Enjoy your new home...i hope to move...someday to jacksonville...love Florida.
    Happy fall,
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete